Employment status: Replacement, full-time (35 hours a week)
- Receives and transmits telephone calls
- Informs customers of required documentation for processing their application for legal aid
- Identifies the specific needs of callers
- Refers, or provides information to callers, over the phone or by correspondence, on the approach to follow
- Considers the main relevant elements of their request and sets appointments
- Receives, greets and accompanies customers or visitors to their destination, if necessary
- Collects, enters and transcribes the data concerning the request for legal aid
- Verifies the existence of previous legal aid applications, the existence of conflicts of interest, records and pending cases
- Opens, closes and classifies files
- Prints legal aid applications, certificates, mandates and refusals as well as their modification and any other document related to admissibility
- Receives, opens and distributes incoming mail; mails outgoing mail
- Keeps the documentation display racks up to date
- Maintains statistics
Work schedule: 8:30am to noon and 1pm to 4:30pm
Grade 11 or secondary V plus two years of relevant experience.
Description of skills:
Punctuality, interpersonal skills, ease of adaptation, management of priorities and stress, ability to work as a team, knowledge of Microsoft office, data entries.
Requested spoken and written languages:
Very good command of French
Good knowledge of English
Salary offered: $33,724 to $39,880 per year, according to experience.
The CCJM has positions to fill on a regular basis. If you’re interested in a career in secretarial work, accounting or IT in the legal field, here are the types of employment that you could obtain with us.
We subscribe to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.