Services outside of Quebec


Our legal services outside Quebec

Thanks to an agreement between the federal government, the provinces, and the territories, a person living in Quebec who is eligible for legal aid can obtain legal services in a province other than Quebec. It is a question of reciprocity.

To benefit from this service, make a request to the legal aid office closest to your residence. Your request will then be sent to the province or territory concerned in order for the coverage of the service to be determined according to the law of that province or territory.

A resident outside of Quebec may obtain services pursuant to treaties dealing with international and interprovincial kidnapping.

With respect to criminal matters, the person who desires representation must contact the legal aid office of the province or territory in which he is accused.

For more information on services available outside Quebec, don’t hesitate to contact us at 514-864-2111.